Are you an empath or an intuitive working on a psychic/spiritual level? Are you feeling totally exhausted, flat, easily frustrated, feeling short tempered, not sleeping well, constantly on the edge of a meltdown and just generally feeling frayed? You are not alone!
After six, almost seven months of holding it together energetically, emotionally & mentally during lockdown not to mention, trying to be there for everyone except yourself emotionally & energetically, you are most likely in a state of Psychic Burnout.
How many of these can you say yes to?
- Do you often end up saying ‘yes’ to things when really you are crying out ‘NO’ inside?
- Is your list of things you need to do getting longer, not shorter?
- Even the simplest of tasks seems like too much effort?
- You’re getting more headaches than usual?
- Your get up and go, has got up and gone?
- Many of the things you loved doing before lockdown don’t fill you with joy right now?
- Are you feeling swamped by the neediness around you?
- Dithering with decisions, even small ones?
- Feel emotionally & energetically overloaded by the feelings of those around you; friends, family, colleagues, client’s?
- Little or no inspiration or creativity?
- Struggling to find the energy you need for clients?
- You deny there is a problem to others even though you know within yourself things are not right?
How well did that resonate? The more questions you answer yes to the higher your burnout level! So what do you do about it?
- Salt bath & salt scrub (natural sea salt not processed).
- Walk barefoot in the garden, on the beach, in the woods.
- Meditate; cleanse the aura & chakras.
- Smudging; don’t forget the soles of your feet!
- Listen to your body & eat what it fancies, but stay healthy.
- Aim to get 8 hours sleep, even if you have to have a siesta in the daytime to achieve it.
- Carry grounding crystals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sit and just focus on your belly breathing.
- Watch some comedy movies/programs.
- Watch your children/grandchildren play.
- Grounding sheet in bed at night.
- Make sure you’ve lots of antioxidant foods in your diet; Goji berries, blueberries, aubergines, there are many foods which fight the free radicals & oxidants we produce from stress, poor diet, lack of sleep etc.
- Create some stronger boundaries, don’t say yes when you do not feel up to whatever is being asked of you.
- Do some self-reiki or do a swap treatment with another therapist.
- Take some me time; massage, reflexology, facial etc.
- Stop expecting perfection from yourself.
- Find others in similar situations to support you, don’t try to do it all on your own.
- Make way for your spiritual practices FOR YOU, not for others.
- Put your phone on airplane mode and go sit in a garden, field, forest, woods, beach or similar. 10 mins is better than nothing.
Empaths and intuitives are always ready to step in when needed in an emergency or times of crisis, which is ingrained in us, it’s why we do what we do, however, we are running the tank dry and need to put ourselves first. Let’s face it, usually an emergency is short lived; a client is suddenly bereaved or loses their job or just feels lost but it is usually temporary and then they recover and get on with life. With Coronavirus, it’s gone on for over 6 months at this point, with no sign of an end and it is affecting EVERYONE, including us and our families. We are surrounded by the news, social media that seems to be wall to wall Coronavirus plus it’s all everyone is talking about!
Remember, even Superman can’t heal everyone all at the same time!
I hope that helps you to understand what you are experiencing & gives you some food for thought as well as some ideas on how to heal and get back on track.